Terms and Conditions
By signing up to take lessons with SafeRoads Learner Driver Training, you agree to these Terms & Conditions
- You must inform SafeRoads Learner Driver Training (LDT), if there is any reason why you cannot drive safely or legally. This includes the loss of your valid driving licence, and also includes but is not limited to, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescribed medication that may affect your ability to drive.
- Please ensure that you are medically fit to drive. If you have any medical condition and you are not sure if your ability to drive is affected, please speak with your doctor, and the DVA to report any notifiable medical condition. You must also be able to read a number plate from a distance of 20.5 metres.
- SafeRoads LDT reserve the right to withdraw the use of the tuition car for driving lessons and practical driving tests if it is believed that you are unsafe, not legal, or not up to test standard. If it is believed that you are not up to test standard, your instructor will discuss this within plenty of time before your test and highlight the options available to you.
- SafeRoads LDT reserve the right to refuse to take you to your driving test if we have not been informed by you, when your driving test is, and your instructor is therefore unavailable; if you do not move your driving test date when advised to, and/or if you have not had regular lessons, or if your instructor believes you to be unsafe to be driving the tuition car by yourself on test.
Cancellations & Punctuality
- If you cancel your lesson with less than 48 hours notice, you are liable to be charged for value of your lesson. If you have prepaid, or block-booked lessons, the value of the lesson will be deducted from the outstanding balance of your remaining hours. This is at the discretion of your Driving Instructor, who may waive this charge if your reason for late cancellation seems viable.
- When your Driving Instructor arrives for your lesson, you will be contacted via text. If you do not arrive, you instructor will phone you, and if possible, knock on your door. If you have still not arrived after ten minutes from the agreed start time of the appointment, your lesson will be cancelled and you will be charged in accordance with section 5, above.
- If your Driving Instructor must cancel your lesson through no personal fault, for circumstances such as mechanical breakdown of the tuition car, adverse weather conditions which may affect your ability to learn safely, heavy traffic, or the previous student’s lesson or driving test being overrun, for any of the above reasons, causing the start of your driving lesson to be delayed, so that your Driving Instructor cannot arrive within 10 minutes of the start time of your lesson, your driving lesson will be rescheduled for the next available, mutually convenient, date and time, with no charge or deduction incurred by you.
- If your Driving Instructor believes that your behaviour or attitude whilst driving is threatening, dangerous, erratic, or compromises safety, they reserve the right to cancel the current lesson, and any future lessons. You will not be facilitated to risk your own or your instructor’s safety, or the safety of other road users or pedestrians.
- SafeRoads Learner Driver Training operates a Zero Tolerance Policy towards threatening and abusive behaviour, and any behaviour intended to intimidate. Any such behaviour displayed towards your instructor will result in immediate termination of the driving lesson, and all future block-booked or pre-arranged lessons. Any outstanding balance of funds will be refunded, less the price of the lesson being abandonded, and no further lessons will be arranged.
Payment & Refunds
- All current prices are available on the website, or through the office.
- Payments is accepted in the form of cash or card, both in-car and through the office, bank transfer, or cheque.
- Payment for block-booking must be made up front, and before the first lesson commences.
- We want you to have a positive learner driving experience with SafeRoads LDT. If you are dissatisfied with a lesson for any legitimate reason, please discuss this with your Driving Instructor in the first instance, as soon as possible, or with the office, and we will work to address your concern in a mutually satisfactory manner. Refunds cannot be issued retrospectively for lessons already given.
- If you have paid for a block-booking and wish to discontinue lessons for any reason, you will be refunded the remaining hours at the price you paid for them, as opposed to the individual price of a one off lesson, which is usually higher than the discounted block-booking rate.
Accidents & The Law
- SafeRoads LDT make every effort to avoid damage and collisions, and to ensure your safety while you are driving, through the use of verbal instruction, and dual-controls. Whilst it is anticipated that traffic incidents, and “close shaves” may occur as you are learning to drive, your Driving Instructor will work with you to pre-empt, and minimise these. However, if your Driving Instructor believes you to be driving in a dangerous manner, or ignoring verbal instructions resulting in actual damage to the tuition car, you may be expected to contribute towards the repairs cost (i.e. tyres).
- Your Driving Instructor will make every effort to ensure that you avoid breaking the law or committing any traffic offence. You are under your Driving Instructor’s close supervision during every lesson and they may be required to intervene using controls such as speed limiters, verbal instruction, or physical control such as, light control of the steering wheel or using the dual-control pedals where necessary to avoid dangerous situations or traffic incidents. However, you will be legally responsible if you break the law. This includes speeding, committing traffic offences or breach of regulations and laws whilst you are driving. Any fines or penalties are legally the sole responsibility of the driver, including a learner under supervision. It is an offence to withhold the driver’s details when required to provide them to the DVLA or Police in relation to a breach of laws and road traffic regulations.
- In line with the GDPR, by taking driving lessons with SafeRoads LDT, you consent and agree to us holding your personal information (such as your name, address, date of birth, driving licence number, records of your driving progress, medical conditions that may affect your driving, driving test dates, receipts of payments etc). We hold your information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, solely for the purpose of providing good quality driving lessons to you.
- You must inform us of any changes to your information that may affect us providing driving lessons to you – such as change of address, new medical conditions, or diagnoses, which may affect your driving.
- Your personal information is held securely, which is either locked away, or secured on phones, tablets, or computers which are all password protected, and your information is only shared between the office, and Driving Instructors for the purpose of providing you with driving lessons. SafeRoads LDT do not pass on your information to third parties, unless required to in line with number 16 above, where a breach of law is concerned.
- SafeRoads LDT will not pass your information on to anyone without your prior permission and agreement. If there is a need to share your information (such as changing Driving Instructors and sending notes to them, booking tests on your behalf with the DVA etc.), we will inform you first, explain who we are sharing the information with, why we are sharing the information, and ensure that you give us your consent and permission.
- You have the right to see any information we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us to destroy any information we hold about you, unless this is in breach of term 16 above.
- Once you pass your driving test, or if you wish to discontinue lessons with us for any reason, we will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary, after which time it will be destroyed.